Monday, March 7, 2011

I wish for the whole truth every time you speak, and I'm thinking about how you care half as much for me

I have this friend. In some aspects of my life, I would say I am closer to this person than anyone, but in some ways, maybe even in most ways, I hardly know them at all. Lately I sense something has changed between us, and not for the better. I'm not sure why. It could be any number of things really, so much so that it makes my stomach sick. So I try not to think of them.

I expect a letter from them soon (because it is something we do sometimes, and I have recently written). I fear it will be cordial. Do you ever just wish for horrible truth sometimes?




It was really nice to meet you, goodbye
It's high time I quit wondering why
'Cause I have lost all that I can from my side
And when you think of me again, no
I tried
Goodbye

Forgive me while I lay here
But I have nowhere else to be
I figure when I leave this time, it's for keeps
And when I say, "Good Morning" next
I'll lie
This is goodbye

I'll only delay the day I can't remember you at all
And it's not easy to say that day
Is already come and gone
And all that remains is a place
Where you no longer are

One day I won't regret this
Oh, how I want to believe that's true
Once I pick up my parts I broke on you
I'll get used to the idea
It's not you
Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment